Tuesday 3 January 2012

Want an excuse to shop the sales? A Rainbow charm swap sign-up!

Here it is, all the deets on the Rainbow charm swap!

» BOTH ROUNDS OF THIS SWAP ARE NOW FULL «

The Modern Christmas Charm swap was such a blast I couldn't wait to organise another. I figure a new year should be bursting with fresh vibrant colours, what better than a rainbow swap.



1)  There will be 28 spaces, each person is to purchase a meter of 100% quilting weigh cotton in their assigned colour (red, pink, purple, blue, aqua, green, yellow, orange)

2) Post your photo in the flikr group (to avoid any doubling up of fabric choices between participants)
Please do not choose solids, make sure that that you choose something that reads as your assigned colour, ie when you look at it from a distance it is most definitely that colour. Pay attention to scale, large scale prints don't often work well as charms.

3) Cut your meter into 56 5x5" charms. There is a great tute on how to do this over at Elizabeth Hartman's blog if you are nervous!

4) Mail your cut charms to me, please place them in a plastic bag along with the fabric info (ie designer, line, colourway) REMEMBER TO INCLUDE A PRE-PAID RETURN ENVELOPE. If you wish to participate and live over-seas please let me know and I will arrange a paypal invoice for your return postage costs.

5) I will work my rainbow magic and send you back your very own rainbow of 56 charms along with a complied list of all the fabrics, should you wish to purchase more.

So, who wants their very own rainbow? If you do just comment below and I'll sign you up. Remember if you are a no reply blogger you MUST leave your email address or I wont be able to contact you with the mailing details.

I cant wait to get going, here is what I will be making once I have my charms:


Ive been admiring this quilt from Netties blog A Quilt is Nice for an age now. Here Baby Stripes quilt tutorial inspired me to make my first ever quilt. I plan on using the rainbow charms to make the little panel in 2.5" squares and sash it in either white or grey solid. I'm both excited and nervous to try the circular quilting. It rocks! Then again, done badly by me, maybe not so much!

Remember to join the flikr group!

And grab yourself the button  from my blogpage (if I've got it working lol!)

40 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm in! I'm in!
I'm overseas, though, so let's work out something via paypal...or I can send over extra fabric of equal value (or something). We'll work it out.

That quilt is so freakin' cute!

Katy Cameron said...

I want in please! And I'm in the UK, so I can pre-pay too :o)

Unknown said...

I'm in too!!!!

Ann said...

Me too please - really enjoyed the Christmas swap!

Sarah said...

Me please!!

Canadian Abroad said...

Oh yeah! I've been waitin for this!

Anonymous said...

I'm so in! Have never made a rainbow quilt, so this is the perfect opportunity. I'm also in the UK.

Unknown said...

Me too please.

Could you please FM me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cottilello/ if my mostly redundant blog email won't come through.
Many thanks, Cottilello

Anonymous said...

Uh oh I think I may be a no-reply so until I can figure out how to sort that out on wordpress you can get me at vikkilovestea@gmail.com

Linda Coleman said...

sign me up please, I'm overseas so will have to do paypal for postage

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

Me please :)

pippablue said...

Would love to be in as well!

Gemma said...

Oooo yes please! What a fun way to start our quilting habit for the new year!
Gemma
x

suzan almond said...

Ooooh YESssss - I've a baby quilt to make soon - perfect swap for me !

Caillean said...

I'd love to join, I've been searching for enough scraps for a rainbow quilt...
I'm from Germany, but I can pay the postage via PayPal.
My email is caillean dot z at gmail dot com

Diane-crewe said...

OK! Never done this before ...BUT... game to give it a go! I may have to KEEP reading the rules. and HOPE! You may need to keep me on the straight and narrow!! xx

Kleep said...

I'm in! I've been wanting to join a swap for ages, so here I am! I've joined the flickr group already :-)

Kelly said...

Me too please, if there is still a space :)

Maggie said...

I've commented above too, but I'd love to join if there's still room!

Nicky said...

Sorry missed this Emily - can I join too!?? But only once this time -hehe!

Nicky said...

Emily are you going to assign colours!?

helenjanei said...

ooooh, are there spots left? If so I'm in again please!!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

If there's still space count me in :)

Jeanne said...

I'm in if there is room left! I just now read your blog. Your blog is posted on my blog site so I found my way here. My email is jcrow54@gmail.com. Hope it's okay I published it.

KarenD said...

I'm in if there is still space! Thanks!

Caro said...

Would love to join if there's still room.

bvcope said...

I'm in if there is space left!

KellyS said...

I would love to join. I think I am overseas, so I would have to work out a paypal payment for shipment back!

Sarah said...

Hi - I think I might be too late but if there is any space left please could I join in the fun? I'm in the UK
teasel19@googlemail.com

Unknown said...

Think i'm late too! maybe we could do another one...Kx

Sarah said...

Sad to have missed this :( Do let me know if you decide to do another round

Betty said...

Ahhhh what a pity I'm too late!
Maybesomebody will change their mind about joining, step out and then I can join in the fun?
No, I know: get real sister !!

Anonymous said...

Damn I'm too late!!

girleen said...

if you should organize a second group (i always seem to be late to the party!), please let me know.
thanks!
(girleen@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Wonderful put me in for round 2!! can't wait! Kx

Unknown said...

Yes, please
Cottilello

~~plima~~ said...

Interested In round2 (ps I'm in Canada). Pls email me if space still available.

Diane-crewe said...

If you run short of folks to fill the spaces for round 2 please give me a shout....fabric ordered for round 1 waiting for it to arrive (impatiently)!! xx

UBee said...

I would love to participate in this swap!!! Please? lol! I really need more rainbow colors. ericandursula at embarqmail dot com

Velita said...

If you still have a space open Im in!! velita.hickle @ gmail . com.. Im in the States but I can do paypal.. Thanks!!